Saturday, April 1, 2023

Last Minute Touch-Ups...

 It wouldn't be a high school student project if there wasn't some last minute cramming done, would it? I'm writing this fairly late into the night, after preparing all day for tomorrow, the day I plan on shooting THE WHOLE FILM.

There's a lot riding on this one day, so I wanted to ensure everything runs smoothly. How did I get this done though?

1) Scheduling:

    First thing I did this morning was text my cinematographer, cast, and the park to make sure everything is good for shooting on Sunday at 2 pm. Luckily for me, everything worked out just right!

2) Getting Props & Equipment:

    Props-wise, I have most things accounted for at my house (easel, poster, chairs, computers, box, table, etc.) However, something I haven't found yet was a sort of podium for the speeches to be held at. I'm waking up early to pick one up from a friend tomorrow morning.

    I also need to pick up some camera equipment to film. To my mediocre mind, I figured that filming on my phone would get the job done, but my cinematographer Ren insisted that if they were going to help me, we'd need actually decent equipment. So I'm picking them up tomorrow early to go borrow a camera and other equipment from some of Ren's friends. So that's that covered.

3) Storyboarding:

    Incredibly, I decided to get a really, REALLY rough storyboard done tonight. After a couple hours blocking the scenes with the goofiest little caricatures and sketches to keep myself awake, I got the job done at 2 am. Despite some abysmal artwork from me, I think this will help us streamline the filming process to keep things smooth and snappy.

Overall, I think I'm ready to finally film this project! Now I just need a good night's rest to give my very best effort tomorrow! Eager to update you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

      COMPUTER FUNERAL , at its core, strives to highlight and reflect on one major issue that’s prevalent in modern times: an overdependenc...