Sunday, April 9, 2023

Bits & Bobs 2: Electric Bongaloo

     Hello all! I figured since I'm done with filming, all that's left is editing, finishing up the social media and postcard advertisements, and finally writing my critical reflection. So here's a little housekeeping blog post where I finish up the social media and postcard ad, since I plan on starting editing later today and finishing by Tuesday. I'll probably end up writing my C.R while editing, as a break from the monotony... So overall, a very close finish for Computer Funeral and my A level portfolio project!

Let's start with the postcard, shall we? In my last housekeeping post, I presented two prototypes for my postcard design, but also recognized certain flaws and mistakes I had made while putting them together. As soon as I posted that blog post... I wasn't as happy with either one, despite feeling so positive only minutes earlier. A conversation I had with my instructor cemented these feelings the next day, and together we broke down what was working with the designs, and what wasn't.

After some talking, we drew a very rough idea of what the new and improved design would look like! On the front, I'd have a very simple layout- only a still from the opening of the film, with the title above the characters. On the back, I'd have one half featuring the key art image I originally had as the front side, with the other half of the back being simple and direct, presenting the information clearly (as opposed to my second design for the postcard).

So now all that was left for my postcard was to, well, actually put it together! I woke up early this morning to get it done, and though it feels a little bland/simple for my taste, I do think it's a lot cleaner than my previous drafts, which look cluttered in retrospect. Take a look!


    Now that I had officially finished the postcard component of the portfolio project, I was free to make some more quick social media posts on my Twitter account (which you can check out here)

These posts are generally sillier and involve short clips of reactions rather than full sequences or edited scenes, because I realized I hadn't been leaning too much on the fact that my film is supposed to be in a comedic genre, so I decided to use these clips that I felt would appeal to comedy audiences on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

      COMPUTER FUNERAL , at its core, strives to highlight and reflect on one major issue that’s prevalent in modern times: an overdependenc...