Monday, April 3, 2023

Bits & Bobs

 Hey everyone! There's not a whole lot left to do after yesterday's filming session, so its mostly just the odd job here and there that I need to do in order to call this portfolio project finished. Let's go through what I got done today!

Firstly, I sent out messages to my cast and crew to find out when we're filming the ending scene. As it stands, it'll likely be sometime between Wednesday and Friday, so I can start editing over the weekend (since I'm cutting this pretty close!) However, I haven't gotten everyone's reply at the time of writing, so it's still up in the air...

Next, I got to work on putting together my postcard advertisement! I already had a set idea for what I wanted as one side of the postcard (the buried computer image I've been using for everything), but didn't have anything for the other side. So I decided to be a little quirky and goofy, and set the background to be the iconic Windows XP screensaver, reinforcing the idea that this was an older computer (and also its just a cute aesthetic)


Also, I decided to add the brand logo I made at the very start of the school year as a fun little callback to the beginning of my A level journey! I made an alternate version of the Windows XP side of the postcard that adopts some of the screen effects from the original key art, and while I really like the effect (since the OG looks a bit too cheery) I think I overdid it in the wrong places. Might need to tweak that a little bit.


After all of this, I scheduled a few more social media posts to go up soon on Twitter, and I'm calling it a night here. Lots of work done (or maybe I'm too tired from staying up late last night). See you soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

      COMPUTER FUNERAL , at its core, strives to highlight and reflect on one major issue that’s prevalent in modern times: an overdependenc...